- We’re a Melbourne based software consultancy in our fifth year of operation.
- We partner with clients locally and internationally on a range of exciting projects to develop the latest IoT technologies.
- Our solution services include work with the latest wireless technologies, writing amazing web apps, mobile apps and embedded software.
- Our small global team is based across Australia, Asia and Europe. As we grow our business, we’re looking for another European-based Software Engineer to help build the future Internet of Things.
- You would thrive on working with senior software engineers on the latest technologies, using a wide range of programming languages. Symbiotech’s emphasis on Professional Development is a benefit you would highly value, as learning and continuous growth are vital to your job satisfaction.
Technical skill and experience Requirements
- You have a passion for technology, with strong programming skills developed from your studies and at least five years of professional programming experience.
- Your tertiary qualifications in computer science will demonstrate your exceptional level of mathematics through awards or your academic results.
- Your professional references will attest to your aptitude to write clean code, your excellent problem-solving skills and your willingness to learn.
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and high level of motivation will be required to work autonomously, and you will have a clear, confident communication style allowing you to collaborate with clients mainly based in Europe.
- If this sounds like you and you’re looking for flexibility, a supportive learning environment and the opportunity to contribute to disruptive global technologies – we want to hear from you!
keys to success
- Demonstrated ability to brutally prioritise. Be prepared to give examples of critically important projects you didn’t get done in favour of even more important projects. What criteria did you use to make your decision?
- Team partner willing to take direction, yet with the initiative to identify and act on matters without waiting for direction. This one is really important.
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning & using the latest tools, and constantly want to learn new things.
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where opportunities are many times of your own making.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Strong communication skills, both with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and embrace best practices like version control, code reviews, documentation and workflow management tools.
How to apply
- Send a Word or PDF formatted resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
- Your Subject line should follow this format: Job Title | Your First and Last Name. eg. Back End Developer | John Doe
- In the body of your email please explain why this role excites you, and why you’d be a great fit for our team. If we agree that you have the skills, experience and determination to thrive in this environment, we will send you our coding challenge!
- Or Easy Apply via Linkedin
- Or fill out the quick application form below and apply right now and we’ll get back to you.
- Applications close December 11th.
- Applications must be in English. Applicants residing outside Europe will not be considered.