#47 How to evaluate Mesh Technology
Here are some thoughts on what you might like to do to evaluate mesh technologies before using them for your application:
– Check that the range is sufficient by placing nodes, in the real environment, in their typical positions
– Check that the mesh forms automatically, without any need for human input
– Check that, in case a node or the gateway loses power, the network can recover fast enough for your needs
– Understand how nodes form a network securely and how you can apply that process
– If there are battery-powered nodes, measure the power consumption using an Otii or similar profiler
– See the latency through the network and understand how that might scale if the network becomes more loaded
– Work out the bandwidth requirements of your application and check that the mesh technology can meet them in all scenarios
– Understand the points of failure and the ability to provide redundancy in practical deployments
If you’re stuck on any of those or your evaluation in general, we’re happy to help!
Want to scale up your IoT solution?
Get in touch today to set up a preliminary discussion with our IoT wireless mesh experts to improve your position for the future.